House Rules & Good to know!
The 5 most Important NO-s
- SEPARATE the WASTE (see “How to separate the waste”) and bring it out daily.
- NO SMOKING inside, after 1 time warning, the owner won’t refund you the security deposit.
- NO NOISE, the owner won’t refund you the security deposit, if the police is called, the contract is cancelled, or after 1 warning.
- NO SUBLET, neither for free, nor if it’s a friend (nobody can stay in the apartment without you). If it happens, you are the responsible for any trouble.
Ask Rental Milan before having as guests relatives and friends, it must be always within the max nr. of guests allowed in the apartment.
- NO PETS.
The Main 3 general rules
- No Fire in the apartment:
- no incenses, no lighters, candles only in special occasions (like a romantic dinner ;))
- Respect (consider the apartment as your home), some examples:
- furniture: don’t put over the table hot cups/pots, don’t scratch them, use the cutting board…
- equipment: wash linen and towels with the right washing machine settings (30-40°C, max 800 for spin drain) and the right liquid soap (soap is “detersivo per lavatrice” and softner is “ammorbidente”), don’t use bleach (“candeggina”), to start it Avvio/Stop. Never close the door totally after using it, to avoid humidity and mould. In the dishwasher use only liquid soap “detersivo per lavastoviglie.
- utilities: don’t use steel cutlery in the pans but wooden/plastic ones…
- appliances: use with care the TV and the other electric devices…
- neighbors: no noise (mainly from 9 pm to 9 am), no party, say “buongiorno” and “buonasera” to the doorman and the neighbors…
- owner/planet: save energy (turn off the lights and the AC when you go out, in the winter max temperature is 21°C in the day and 19°C in the night, don’t keep open the windows when heating or AC are working).
- No Changes, some examples:
- don’t move the furniture, don’t apply anything on the walls with nails, neither with tape etc.
3 Other rules
If there is a window, open it after having a shower/bath for at least 30 minutes, to prevent excess of humidity. If no window, the exhaust fan should work during all the shower time. Possibly remove your hair from the drain to prevent an obstruction. Don’t throw anything in the wc, neither in the sinks (oil, food…).
- Cleaning service
Before cleaner’s arrival, put all your clothes and belongings in the closets/drawers, so she can clean properly.
The cleaner has the key, please feel free to stay at home or go out. The cleaner has her cleaning products, but in the apartment there should be the broom, the mop and the vacuum, usually provided in all the apartments.
- House keys
Take care of them; in case of loss, to change a lock it’s € 120-320, in addition to the expense to copy the keys; if you damage/brake a key, it can be € 20-80.
Problems in the house
🌟 Check this out first! Maintenance tricks to make your life easier 👍🏻
✅ “JV Cleaning” is the Checkin/out & Cleaning agency, they deal also with the maintenance service, you should please contact them also for practical and technical issues in the apartment: Jim +39 379 294 3741.
– If you use too many electrical appliances in the same time, the electrical power can shut down and you need to go to the main switch and turn it on again (turn off/unplug device/s before). The main switch can be in the apartment or in the basement, the greeter of New Service show it to you at the check-in.
Use just 1 of these electrical devices in the same time (they use a lot of power): induction plates / oven / kettle / microwave / hair dryer
while it’s possible to use 2 of these other appliances in the same time washing machine / dish washer / vacuum cleaner / iron
– if there is a wrong contact in a plug/switch only the general switch in the apartment will shut down. Unplug the faulty device and turn on again the switch.
Wifi network name and password are usually under the modem-router. The greeter will show them to you at the check-in. If it is very slow or not working: unplug from the wall modem/router for at least 60 seconds to reboot it and wait.
A good temporary solution is to use your cell phone as hotspot!
Still not working > Whatsapp New Service
No Heating / Hot water
Check the boiler pressure (“BAR” should be between 1 and 2).
It can happen the BAR is lower, so you should rise the BAR: please just turn/open the handle under the boiler to let more water coming inside and then close it back, when the BAR are 1.2.
The greeter will show you how to do it at the check-in.
If you have any other technical problems in the apartment > Whatsapp Jim Kristal with Foto/Video
To change the cleaning service day > Whatsapp Jim Kristal
✅ Some other questions about the lease contract, extending your stay, earlier termination of the contract, payments, having guests, etc. > send an email to Ottavia email@example.com
Good to know
Here you are how to apply for the Italian codice fiscale, the tax code. It’s a code everybody can easily get, it’s needed mainly to register the Italian lease agreement, to get an Italian SIM card and to open an Italian bank account.
Permesso di soggiorno
The Permesso di Soggiorno is a “permit to stay” in Italy, all Extra EU citizens need to get for more than 3 months’ stays in Italy. You have to apply for it within 8 days after your arrival.
Where to buy items online
We recommend Amazon.it or Amazon.co.uk.
Receive packages from abroad we recommend you, even if there is a doorman service, to select an Amazon locker as delivery address.
Italian cell number we recommend you Vodafone.
Best fast 5G internet and easy to recharge. No contract needed, rechargeable SIM is about € 15 a month (internet, calls and sms included). Just bring your ID/passport to the shop. Corso San Gottardo 5. Open 10-13 – 14:30-19 Monday to Saturday. Call before going to confirm the opening time +39 02 8347 2463
Emergency number: 112, it works with any phone number.
Pharmacy “Farmacia/Parafarmacia”, 24h/7 is in Piazzale Stazione Genova 3. Another option: Farmacia Ticinese Corso San Gottardo 1, open from 8 am to 1am.
Water in Milan
You can drink tap water. More details about the quality of the water in Milan. You could also buy a “Britta”, a pitcher with water filter, or ask to the supermarket a home delivery service (€ 6-7) for water bottles.
Usually closed on Sundays and Monday mornings. Check the timetable at the main entrance. At the check-in we will tell you which is the closest to your apartment.
Expensive: Esselunga, PAM, SMA Simply – Cheaper: Lidl and LD/MD.
Carrefour can be open until 22 or 24h/24.
Service usually offered by the restaurants, you can also use “Deliveroo” or other apps.
Tripadvisor, check online if they have at least 4 stars, before entering 😉
Everyday from 6 pm to 9 pm a lot of bars, mainly in Navigli area, bars offer food for free, just paying a drink (€ 7-10). Mainly during the weekend, it’s a Milanese habit!
A ticket (€ 2) lasts 90 minutes on the tram/bus/trolleybus/metro, you can buy it in the Tobacco shops (tabaccaio) or from the App “ATM”. Student monthly card in ATM point with € 22 a month.
Take “Malpensa Express” train from Cadorna FN station, a train every 30 minutes, it takes 40 minutes to reach the airport.
My personal driver “Taxi Vip service” Mr Asad +39 389 9438844, at least 2 days before.
Or Call: +39 024040, or use apps like “FREE NOW” or “UberBlack”.
Rent a bike for 1 year for € 36!
To visit other Italian cities comfortably Freccia Rossa and Italo.
✅ Please see some other useful information about your “daily life” in Milan and Rental Milan Terms & Conditions
✅ Your arrival or departure is approaching? Please see the Check-in & Check-out procedures