Everybody says “All inclusive”: how to be 100% sure it really is
Hi student 😊
searching for an apartment on rent in Milan, you often see in the listings “all inclusive” price.Read More
2 Erasmus students from Portugal who stayed in Milan for 6 months, talking about renting an apartment in Milan Italy and how they get scammed & how to avoid it.
They started to look for an apartment 3 months before moving in Milan, Italy.
After one month they find one. It was a very nice 2 bedrooms apartment.
We where very happy and decided to sign the contract as it had a very good price and location. Everything seemed perfect.
There was a lawyer involved. It seemed very legal so they signed the contract and made first payment as bank transfer to Italy for deposit and first month rent and the “owner” stopped to respond.
You need to avoid some things, if you try to rent an apartment or room here in Milan, to not find yourself in the same situation:
– if the location and / or price are very good, its not real (at least be very careful)
– if they say something like, oh Im not in Milan, Im in London etc, its also a big red flag! as they say, if you pay me, I send you the key or something
– don’t pay to other country than Italy, even if bank transfer
– if they but too much pressure to you to pay fast, if not you will lose it.
Normally this kind of communications are done by email.
– even real websites have scams inside because they don’t check the apartments.
– paypal is safer to pay as you could get the money back
– pay someone, if you can’t come yourself, to verify the apartment in Milan.
Many our friends had problems, they get scammed or needed to move.
Apartments renting Milan “Risk free” for international students.