How to save energy – suggestions to avoid too high bills
- Dicembre 7, 2022
- Living in Milan, Useful info about Milan
2 Erasmus students from Portugal, who stayed in Milan for 6 months, talking about renting an apartment in Milan Italy, how they got scammed & how to avoid it.
They started to look for an apartment 3 months before moving in Milan, Italy.
After one month they found one. It was a very nice 2 bedrooms apartment.
They where very happy and decided to sign the contract as it had a very good price and location. Everything seemed perfect.
There was a lawyer involved. It seemed very legal so they signed the contract and made the first payment by bank transfer to Italy for the deposit + the first month rent and the “owner” stopped to respond.
You need to avoid some things, if you try to rent an apartment or room here in Milan, to not find yourself in the same situation:
– if the location and / or price are very good, it’s not real (at least be very careful)
– if they say something like “Oh I’m not in Milan, I’m in London” etc, it’s also a big red flag! The same if they say “If you pay me, I send you the key” or something like that
– don’t pay to other country than Italy, especially if it’s bank transfer (you can’t have it back)
– if they put too much pressure to you to pay fast “If you don’t pay now, you will lose the apartment”, usually this kind of communications are made by email
– even real websites, portals and platforms can have scams inside, because they don’t check the apartments are published, nor the landlords
– PayPal is safer to pay than a bank transfer, because you could get the money back
– ask a friend or even pay someone, if you can’t come yourself, to verify the apartment in Milan.
The girls of the video says at the end: “Many our friends had problems, they get scammed or needed to move”.
Apartments renting Milan “Risk free” for international students.
Useful posts if you are searching an apartment in Milan:
– How to find apartments for rent in Milan long term
– Why to rent from us: video reviews from international students renters
– How to be sure the price is “really All inclusive”